As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work, and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Unity Developer who is passionate about making great games. Join a small, collaborative team creating casual games for the iOS and Android platform.
What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C#, script and Python.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc.
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of.
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional game development experience
- Unity expert with exemplary C# and mathematics skills
- Solid debugging and problem-solving abilities
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB
- Experience with C++, Objective C, Java and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home.
Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site chiropractor/registered massage therapist/physiotherapist, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.