What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C#, script and Python.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc.
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of.
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years professional game development experience
- Exemplary C# and mathematics skills
- Experience with Unreal and/or Unity
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB
- Experience with C++, Objective C, Java and Python
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.