As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Hothead is currently on the hunt for a Senior Game Analyst to join our Analytics team.
As a Senior Game Analyst, your responsibility is to find actionable insights from data to help guide the development of free to play mobile games. By performing quantitative analysis of player behavior, you will identify problems and propose solutions to improve key performance indicators of the game such as retention, conversion, and monetization. This includes working with the game teams to identify changes that drive user engagement.
As an ideal candidate for this position, your skillset is broader than analyzing how users are behaving in our existing games. You are also able to make informed predictions of how users will behave during a game’s early stages of development and provide proactive recommendations to help shape the game’s underlying economy. You should be able to deconstruct a game’s core loop, systems, and player motivations.
During all phases of a project, you will actively monitor performance and make recommendations to improve the success of the game. You will be involved during both the production and live operations phases of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing player behaviour to support improvement of the game’s key performance indicators such as retention, conversion and lifetime value
- Answering questions that stakeholders may have about a project
- Playing, deconstructing, and understanding our games and then formulating your own questions, developing hypotheses, finding answers through data, then presenting your results
- Working closely with the game teams to effectively communicate the findings and work out possible in-game improvements
- Creating dashboards at multiple levels of detail that can be used by the various stakeholders to find the information they need
- Tracking and monitoring KPIs and investigating the underlying causes of any changes
- Tracking and monitoring key economy-related metrics such as sinks, sources, currency value, and inflation
- Working with game teams to design in-game economies, systems, and features for games - ideally at an early stage - to lay the foundation for healthy KPIs and overall product success
- Working with game teams to optimize LiveOps strategies, pricing, and tuning for long-term, sustainable success
- Developing and maintaining resources for the User Acquisition team to effectively track ROI and measure performance of acquired users
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Being a prime contact to the Analysis team so we can provide the best service to our internal and 3rd party customers
- Working closely with our customers to clearly define their needs and how the team will address them
- Degree in a quantitative field, social sciences, game design or business management
- Minimum 2 years experience as a data analyst with free-to-play social mobile games
- Must enjoy playing video games with familiarity in the mobile space
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in creating visualizations and dashboards with Tableau, Qlik, Looker or a similar platform (Tableau experience preferred)
- Grasp of the principles of human behavior that underlie economic principles and activities
- Basic understanding of statistics and/or econometrics
Our Vancouver office is located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Our cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.