As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking an intermediate-level QA Tester to join our QA team. You will test all of our products and work with the development teams to track bugs and ensure we ship high-quality mobile games!
What You'll Do:
- Thorough testing all of our new products/updates currently in development while logging and tracking any bugs found.
- Understand the basic functionality of iOS / Android devices and troubleshoot most common issues.
- Carry out technical requirements testing for both iOS and Android platforms to ensure on-time submissions.
- Ability to think of ‘outside of the box’ testing methods to ensure a high-quality end-user experience.
- Adapting to a fast-changing development environment and be able to multitask with several software tools daily.
- Provide constructive quality gameplay feedback to the development teams.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 2 years of video game Quality Assurance experience, mobile gaming testing experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technologically savvy, with a passion for mobile gaming and familiarity with the mobile gaming market.
- Familiar with using bug tracking software (JIRA, etc).
- Experience using Windows and Word Processing programs (MS Office, Google Docs, etc.).
- Ability to be thorough and follow-up on game issues with other QA testers, Managers and/or the Development Teams.
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn in a quickly evolving industry.
- A good team player with a positive attitude, who can also work independently when the task requires.
- Willingness to work overtime if needed (which is rarely and only when absolutely necessary).
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.