As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking LiveOps Game Designer to help us continue making our LiveOps games a success! The perfect candidate for the position is a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Lead Game Designer to develop and shape game systems and mechanics, and get buy-in from the team.
- Write high quality game design documents that contain strong compulsion loops and clearly communicate concepts and requirements to the team.
- Design and create visual graphic mock-ups and wire-framed screens for in-game menus and HUD elements for optimal user experience
- Design and create wire-framed screen flows that are optimized for engagement and monetization.
- Own significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the look implementation of features.
- Design and interpret in-game analytics
- Design and measure the impact of features to address key metrics
- Conduct speedy research and analysis for relevant competing products.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Submit your resume referring examples of previous work.
- 2+years of mobile or social game design experience.
- Shipped multiple mobile or social games.
- Understand the impact of social features such player guilds and chat systems.
- Strong understanding of free-to-play business models for mobile games.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical understanding of the game development process
- Committed to making the world’s best mobile games!
- Experience with wire frame / UI prototyping tools
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or other art tools to help visually communicate design intent.
- Familiarity with key analytics tools such as SWRVE and Tableau
- Experience using one or more scripting languages
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site chiropractor/registered massage therapist/physiotherapist, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.