As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion Hothead Games is seeking a talented programmer who is passionate about making great games. Can you function as a part of a small, collaborative team making games for the iOS and Android platform? We’re looking for you! Hothead Games make free-to-play mobile games. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C#, C++, script and Python.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc.
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of.
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years professional game development experience
- Exemplary C++, C# and mathematics skills
- Experience with Unreal and/or Unity
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB
- Experience with Unity, Objective C, Java and Python
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.