Hothead Games is mobile game development studio focused on free-to-play for iOS and Android devices. Millions of people play our games and this generates large amounts of data. Transforming this data to make it both meaningful and actionable is a key priority at Hothead.
You enjoy a mix of dev ops and development, by configuring, managing, and monitoring the performance of AWS infrastructure services and writing your own code and scripts. You're a problem solver, right down to digging through logs to figure out what might have happened.
You have professional software experience and know how to manage your own time. You are a great communicator and frequently find yourself being the organizer of your group.
What You'll Do:
- Configure, monitor and maintain multiple AWS services that support our existing big data pipeline
- Help develop and test our next generation of pipeline to be high performing and reliable
- Identify and implement improvements to help keep our AWS service costs down to earth
- Work with data engineers, analysts, data scientists, and game developers to determine the data needs of our games
- Structure data and develop efficient distributed data processing to enable the processing of vast amounts of data
- Write code and evaluate 3rd party software to help the team provide the appropriate services to the company
- The potential to lead a team of engineers
What You Bring:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- A good knowledge of AWS services and hands-on experience managing those services
- Strong Python and object oriented coding skills
- Experience with distributed data processing and database management (eg Apache Spark, Hadoop, Beam, etc)
- Experience developing software in a professional environment including source code control, documentation, automated testing,live deployment, and continuous integration
- Great communication and interpersonal skills that can bring varied people together and get things done
- Experience mentoring and leading other developers
- Experience and excitement in building infrastructure that scales to hundreds of terabytes
- An enjoyment of mobile games
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.