As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a dynamic game Producer for our Vancouver studio.
As a Producer, you will be responsible for creating and driving the Product Vision, managing the internal and external teams through the development of new games. This includes evaluating and supporting the development pipeline, as well as preparing the game for the live service environment. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, and managerial experience in mobile, free-to-play game development and publishing.
What You'll Do:
● Work with design leads, the Executive Producer, Marketing and Finance to create and drive the Product Vision, ensuring that the game is differentiated, marketable and financially viable.
● Work with the team and the Executive Producer to create the milestone schedule, and oversee day-to-day development to ensure delivery of milestones on time, on budget, and at a high level of quality.
● Work collaboratively with team leads, game designers and project managers to ensure project needs are clearly defined and effectively communicated to stakeholders.
● Work closely with analytics teams to balance data-driven decisions with the creative process.
● Coordinate with the QA department to ensure bugs are addressed, and games go out with best in class quality.
● Identify and escalate critical issues through the development cycle in order to mitigate commercial risk at launch.
● Ongoing focus on improvement of quality and monetization of games in a live service environment.
What You'll Bring:
● Proven leadership capacity on at least two free-to-play mobile games.
● Broad understanding of and exposure to all aspects of game development – production, art, code, design and QA.
● Experience with project management tools and methodologies.
● Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making.
● Sharp business sense combined with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to manage projects on a day-to-day basis, and work effectively under deadlines in a complex, ever-changing business environment.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate must be comfortable working out of the office. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, Sunlife extended health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.