Hothead Games is one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC’s Best Workplaces, and most recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Inclusion.
We are a collection of small, creative teams that believe in releasing early and letting our players inform the direction of our games. We coordinate our efforts and strive for cross-team collaboration and sharing of technology.
You are a hands-on and experienced Technical Director who can help us set and achieve our technical objectives over time and across teams. You thrive in an environment of technical uncertainty, iterating towards results. You understand the importance of establishing trusting relationships and open communication.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee technical direction of a number of closely related projects.
- Proactively seek to improve development processes over time
- Drive short and long term projects
- Coordinate efforts across teams and remove obstacles
- Help set long-term company strategies and initiatives relating to technology
What You Bring:
- Experience leading technology projects
- Demonstrated abilities in the design and implementation of large-scale software architectures
- Expert-level knowledge in software development techniques and related project management methodologies
- Experience managing a diverse team of highly-qualified programmers
- Experience operating in a software-as-a-service environment, and familiarity with related operational concepts like automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of mobile video game architectures including core systems like 3D rendering, networking and asset management
- Knowledge of C#, C++, and Python
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Unity
- Experience using the Amazon Web Services cloud computing platform
- Involvement in the open source community, particularly as a committer or coordinator in large-scale, widely-used projects
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, Sunlife extended health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.