Hothead Games, recognized as one of Canada's Top Technology Companies, is looking for a passionate UI Artist on a 6 month term (which may be extended). Let's create the world’s best mobile games together! This position is ideal for a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and excels when working in a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Creation of UI screens and screen flows including screen layouts, buttons, icons and banners.
- Creation of 2D animations for screen transitions, particles, and sprites.
- Create concepts for in-game assets with the direction and collaboration of the lead artist and designers.
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the process of creating and integrating art.
- Collaborate with designers.
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers.
- Provide assets for Marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Please submit a digital portfolio and resume. *please note applications without a portfolio will not be considered
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art or related field.
- 2+ years of industry experience with multiple shipped titles; mobile development preferred.
- Experience with designing user flows, creating 2D assets and animations.
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop.
- Thorough knowledge of presentation packages, including but not limited to After Effects.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to generate and manipulate 3D assets in Maya.
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya.
- Experience with creating both 3D and 2D environments.
- Environmental modeling and 2D art creation for environmental sprites.
- Strong conceptual skills including interface, character, prop and environment design
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.