As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a Senior Game Data Analyst to join our Analytics team.
As a Senior Game Data Analyst your responsibility is to find actionable insights from data to help guide the development of our free-to-play mobile games. By performing a quantitative analysis of player behavior, you will identify problems and propose solutions to improve key performance indicators of the game such as retention, conversion, and monetization. This includes working with our game teams to identify changes that drive user engagement
As an ideal candidate for this position, you have experience designing and analyzing A/B tests and have an innate curiosity to understand why different variants result in changes to player behavior. In addition to analyzing the game's data, you also make an impact on the game's growth by understanding and optimizing the performance of our marketing campaigns. Your desire to make an impact goes beyond the games and includes understanding and optimizing the performance of our marketing campaigns.
During all phases of a project, you will actively monitor both game and marketing KPIs and make recommendations to improve the game and the marketing campaigns
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing player behaviour to support improvement of the game’s key performance indicators such as retention, conversion and lifetime value.
- Playing, deconstructing, and understanding our games and then formulating your own hypotheses, finding supporting evidence in the data, then presenting your results.
- Working closely with our game teams and other stakeholders to effectively communicate the findings and formulate possible in-game improvements.
- Contributing to the leadership of the analytics team by mentoring junior members of the team, identifying and prioritizing new analysis and reinforcing the culture of the team
- Designing A/B tests and measuring their impact on the game KPIs as well as player behaviorMeasuring the impact of A/B tests on KPIs and their statistical significance
- Creating dashboards at multiple levels of detail that can be used by the various stakeholders to find the information they need.
- Tracking and monitoring KPIs and investigating the underlying causes of any changes.
- Tracking and monitoring key economy-related metrics such as sinks, sources, currency value, and inflation.
- Degree in a quantitative field, social sciences, game design or business management
- Minimum 4 years experience as a data analyst and preferably with free-to-play mobile games.
- Must enjoy playing video games with familiarity in the mobile space
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in creating visualizations and dashboards with Tableau, Qlik, Looker or a similar platform (Tableau experience preferred)
- Proficient in the principles of A/B testing and statistical significance.
- Proficiency in R and Python is preferred
- Understanding of statistics.
- Experience with industry-standard KPIs for measuring campaign performance
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, RRSP matching, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact email@example.com.