As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking experienced and talented Senior Game Programmers to apply for for future roles.
We are passionate about making great games. This is a call for applicants who enjoy small, collaborative teams and creating casual games for the iOS and Android platform - we're always looking for qualified talent to join our upcoming projects.
What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C#, C++ script and Python
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional game development experience
- Exemplary C#, C++ and mathematics skills
- Experience with Unreal and/or Unity
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB
- Back-end experience
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
Our teams are always on the look out for proficient Senior Programmers for our upcoming games. If you are considering an exciting change we'd love to hear from you!
Our full-time permanent positions are at our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.