Hothead Games is a mobile game development studio and publisher focused on free-to-play games for iOS and Android devices. Millions of people play our games and this generates large amounts of data.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced data analyst to work closely with the marketing team and other stakeholders at Hothead to help them make data-informed strategic decisions. As the perfect candidate for the position, you are familiar with modern data analysis techniques and how to apply them in a fast-moving and practical environment. You excel at clear communication, make compelling presentations, and have a personable demeanor that allows you to interact effectively with people at varying levels of technical expertise. Your personal interest in mobile games and mobile marketing will help you develop the tools and visualizations to enable the marketing team to successfully scale our marketing campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and summarize KPIs for marketing campaigns for all of our games
- Provide summarized data to support product decisions
- Collect, document, and communicate specific data-related questions to internal stakeholders (producers, game designers, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Maintain and extend data publishing systems and dashboards (Both Tableau, RMarkdown documents, KPI reports, etc.)
- Maintain documentation for schemas as new features and products are added
- Use statistical techniques with available data to solve relevant company marketing performance and business problems.
- Research and evaluate existing marketing campaign data to discover useful findings for improving financial performance
- Act as a liaison between the marketing/user-acquisition team and the analytics team
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, marketing, economics or other applied sciences, such as computer science or mathematics.
- Fluent in with SQL
- Experienced in presenting data to various audiences
- Experience with running mobile marketing campaigns is a bonus
- Experience with Tableau is a bonus
- Familiar with R and Python is a bonus
- Experience with big data
- Strong critical-thinking, problem solving, and communications skills
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts, industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance, or mobile app marketing are bonus
- Previous experience in the mobile game space would be a huge plus
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters and embraces inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.