As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a Data Engineer to join our analytics team.
Hothead Games is a mobile game development studio focused on free-to-play for iOS and Android devices. With over 300 million downloads, our games generate large amounts of data. Transforming this data to make it both meaningful and actionable is a key priority at Hothead.
As a Data Engineer, you enjoy a mix of dev ops and development, by configuring and managing AWS infrastructure services and writing your own code and scripts. You're a problem solver, right down to digging through logs to figure out what might have happened.
What You'll Do:
- Configure, monitor and maintain multiple AWS services that support our existing big data pipeline
- Implement ETL pipelines that transform terrabytes of raw game events into enriched structured data for analysis
- Help develop and test our next generation of pipeline
- Identify and implement improvements to help keep our AWS service costs down to earth
- Work with data engineers, analysts, data scientists, and game developers to determine the data needs of our games
- Structure data and write SQL queries to enable the processing vast amounts of data
- Write code and evaluate 3rd party software to help the team provide the appropriate services to the company
What You Bring:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- 2+ years data engineering experience, preferably in the gaming industry
- Experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- Strong Python and object-oriented coding skills
- Experience with SQL and database management
- Experience developing software in a collaborative environment including source code control, documentation, automated testing,live deployment, and continuous integration
- Great communication and interpersonal skills that can bring varied people together and get things done
- Experience with map/reduce and big data ETL processes using Spark or Hadoop
- Experience in building infrastructure that scales to hundreds of terabytes
- An enjoyment of mobile games
This is a full-time permanent position offering a hybrid working approach with the option to work from home and our downtown Vancouver office located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will be expected to work from home and in the office. Our Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, RRSP matching, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.