As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Places to Work, and one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead is seeking a UI/UX Technical Designer to help create amazing mobile games.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious User Interface Technical Designer who specializes in interaction (IX) design and UI implementation. Working with Front-end engineers and UI/UX designers, you will assist in implementing interface design according to specifications, as well as creating and developing animation, effects and micro-interactions that take user interfaces to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, programmers, and producers to create exciting moments, celebrations, and satisfying interactions for the user interface.
- Work hands-on, in-engine to implement UX/UI prototypes and designs of the game team's ideas.
- Setup UI and menu elements feedback, behaviour, and animations.
- Maintain and drive best practices for optimizing, building and animating UI in Unity.
- Work with engineers to improve internal tools and structure.
- Provide technical support, recommendations and guidance in Unity to other UI/UX designers.
- Experience with Unity or other real-time engines.
- 1+ years of experience as a professional User Interface Technical Designer, VFX Artist, Technical Motion Designer.
- Have completed at least one complete cycle of game development (up to the delivery of the game).
- Strong understanding of Motion Graphics and how it relates to Interaction Design.
- Solid understanding of timeline-based animation tools (example: Adobe Flash, After Effects, etc.)
- Ability to prototype or storyboard animations and interactions.
- Familiarity with Adobe CC software (XD, Photoshop etc)
- Solid understanding of C#.
- Demonstrated experience translating concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- The passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- The ability to solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Self-starter and excellent prioritizing skills.
- Please submit a portfolio and previous samples of work with your resume.
- Experience with 3D tools (for example: Maya, 3DS Max, etc).
- Ability to prototype shaders.
- Experience in writing tools for UI.
- Experience and portfolio in motion graphics and/or VFX
This is a full-time permanent position for our downtown Vancouver office located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will be expected to work from home and in the office. Our Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, RRSP matching, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact email@example.com.