As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking dynamic Front End Game Programmer. If you are a talented coder who is passionate about building the Front End (FE) for world-class mobile games played by an audience of millions, we want to hear from you. We offer a chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative and energized environment, contributing not only with your programming skills but also in every area of the game.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Tech Lead, Artists and Designers to develop and maintain the FE systems in C# and Unity
- Write robust, highly functional and maintainable code
- Support and contribute new ideas to the FE design
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation
What You Bring:
- 4+ years in the Games Industry or equivalent experience
- Exceptional C# knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid understanding of core principles of computer science and superb mathematics skills
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with existing code
- High sense of quality and polish
- Passion for game development and FE design
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- UX expertise
- Understanding of the Free to Play model
- Passion for mobile games
- Experience with C/C++
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, and Sunlife extended health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.