As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead is seeking a Senior UX Designer to help create amazing mobile games.
You are a curious thinker, who is keen to create and polish world class Game Experiences for F2P Mobile Games and show others how to create the experiences. Hothead is looking for a Sr. User Experience Designer with a passion for applying ‘player-centered’ thinking methods into the game development process with your peers.
At Hothead Games, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. You will join the centralized UX team and create a new chapter for Hothead by working closely with all members from game teams and your UX peers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing UX designs through design and market analysis, presentations, user stories, flow charts, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Performing UX Design tasks considering Target Players, Business Goals, and Game Development Constraints.
- Working closely with the game team to develop and build clear and strong user experience
- Working with User Researchers to conceptualize Mobile Players Research through personas and players' journeys.
- Working closely with User Researchers and Data Analysts to turn qualitative and quantitative study results into actionable items toward business KPI’s.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in the game industry.
- Understanding the principal knowledge of target players or user needs, motivations, behaviors, and constraints.
- Understanding of mobile games development constraints.
- Believing in and comprehending ‘User-Centered’ thinking methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- The ability to solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Self-starter and excellent prioritizing skills.
- Please submit a portfolio and previous samples of work with your resume.
- Understanding of F2P mobile games business models & important business metrics
- Unity knowledge and/or experience
- Experience with user research
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site chiropractor/registered massage therapist/physiotherapist, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.