As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a Business Development Manager to help scale and identify new strategic gaming partnerships for the company. With over 300 million downloads, our current expansion efforts have attracted audiences from all over the world and we are not looking to slow down !
We are looking for a dedicated, self-starting and energetic person who has a passion for multi-platform games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
We are expanding our North America-focused team and are searching for an experienced Gaming Business Development Manager to help Hothead Games achieve long-term success in the gaming market.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and research new strategic partnership opportunities across the gaming industry, globally
- Identify and attend gaming, metaverse and blockchain conferences to meet, establish and nurture relationships with top industry players
- Generate leads at both endemic and non-endemic top brands in the Global market and formulate win-win deals focused on IP exposure and brand recognition
- Manage the deal execution process from due diligence, negotiation, all the way through post-launch integration
- Continuously monitor market trends to help identify new business and gaming opportunities
- Establish and nurture relationships both internally and with our partners
- Work collaboratively with various internal teams to create effective solutions
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- 3 years’ work experience in the gaming industry, or 5 years in gaming and tech
- Successful track record of structuring, executing and developing complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for all stakeholders
- The ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, well organized, and a team player
- Passionate and knowledgeable about mobile gaming
- Creatively objective in understanding market needs for products.
We offer you:
- An opportunity to have massive impact. Our growing scope means you’ll be able to have a large impact on the gaming industry
- A group of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers with which to collaborate.
- Remote environment (but if you live in Vancouver we have an office you can go to if you wish)
- Professional development support to help develop your skills
- Company Stock Options & RRSP matching
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Ian Wilkinson is an actual real live person (our CEO actually 👋🏼) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you are seeking an awesome new challenge with a fun and engaging team, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.