As one of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Technology Workplaces, and Best Workplaces for Women, Hothead Games is seeking a Technical UI Artist to help create amazing mobile games.
Let's create the world’s best mobile games together! This position is ideal for a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and excels when working in a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
At Hothead Games, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. You will join one of our mobile game team and create a new chapter for Hothead by working closely with all members from your game team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Integrate full UI art including screen animations, transitions and effects in Unity.
- Creation of UI screens and screen flows including screen layouts, buttons, icons and banners.
- Creation of 2D animations for screen transitions, particles, and sprites.
- Create concepts for in-game assets with the direction and collaboration of the lead artist and designers.
- Oversee and create a comprehensive style guide for the project, creating a centralized interface vision.
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the process of creating and integrating art.
- Collaborate with designers.
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers.
- Provide assets for Marketing.
- Please submit a digital portfolio and resume. *please note applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art or related field.
- 2+ years of industry experience with multiple shipped titles; mobile development preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with Unity.
- Experience with designing user flows, creating 2D assets and animations.
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop.
- Thorough knowledge of presentation packages, including but not limited to After Effects.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to generate and manipulate 3D assets in Maya.
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya.
- Experience with creating both 3D and 2D environments.
- Environmental modeling and 2D art creation for environmental sprites.
- Strong conceptual skills including interface, character, prop and environment design.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an amazing new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.