As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking dynamic and inspirational Senior Game Programmer to lead our rapid prototyping games to a successful launch.
What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C# or C++, Python and scripting languages.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc.
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of.
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional game development experience
- Shipped at least 1 title with Unity or Unreal
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Exemplary C# or C++
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience with Objective C, Java and Python
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.