Hothead Games is mobile game development studio focused on free-to-play for iOS and Android devices. Millions of people play our games and this generates large amounts of data. Transforming this data to make it both meaningful and actionable is a key priority at Hothead.
We have a data-driven culture at Hothead and support this with a strategic focus on building world-class analytics tools and technology. As the perfect candidate for this position, solving problems and learning new technologies are fun games for you. Playing video games too! You can take on a challenge and run with it to completion, stopping for directions along the way when needed. You have professional software experience and know how to manage your own time. You are a great communicator and frequently find yourself being the organizer of your group.
What You'll Do:
- Work with data engineers, analysts, data scientists, and game developers to determine the data needs of our games
- Write code to process and transform the game events into useful data
- Help develop and maintain our big data pipeline
- Write SQL queries and other data processing code to process vast amounts of data
What You Bring:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong Python and object oriented coding skills
- Experience with SQL and database management
- Experience developing software in a professional environment including source code control, reviews, documentation, and testing
- Great communication and interpersonal skills that can bring varied people together and get things done
- An enjoyment of mobile games
- Experience with AWS
- Agile Scrum
- Distributed data processing experience (Apache Spark, Hadoop, Beam, etc)
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.