As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, BC's Best Workplaces, and most recently ranked one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a smart, organized, and accountable Accountant to join our Finance department. This is a great opportunity for a newly designated accountant or an experienced industry accountant looking to grow their career.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare journal entries, month-end reconciliations and working papers
- Process semi-monthly payroll for Canadian employees using Ultipro
- Administer our automated AP system
- Prepare bank transfers and payments for approval
- Prepare GST and PST returns
- Suggest improvements to the current processes
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of full-cycle accounting, tax, or auditing experience
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of Canadian payroll or ability to learn quickly
- Understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Data entry skills
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Mid-tier ERP system exposure, NetSuite experience preferred
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
This is a full-time permanent position offering a hybrid working approach with the option to work from home and at our downtown Vancouver office located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will be expected to work from home and in the office. Our Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, RRSP matching, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.