As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Canada's Best Workplaces for Inclusion, and one of BC's Best Workplaces, Hothead Games is seeking a Senior Project Manager who is a dedicated and organized self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing mobile game development environment. As the Senior Project Manager running 3 small game teams, you’ll be responsible for working with the Producer and the development teams to ensure smooth delivery of project and operational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong understanding and desire to work on free-to-play business models for mobile games.
- Collaborate with the Producer, designers, artists and programmers to develop and plan schedules based on project goals and dates.
- Determine dependencies and priorities between tasks within the team.
- Communication of priorities with team and studio members.
- Monitor work progress against milestone goals.
- Liaise with internal marketing and analytics teams.
- Accountability for committed dates and deadlines.
- 5+ years of Agile project management experience in game development.
- Proven ability to create and communicate project schedules throughout a project’s life cycle.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Possess an understanding of the game development process from concept to final release.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to lead and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Submit your resume referring to examples of previous work.
- Mobile game development experience.
- Shipped iOS and Android titles.
- Work experience using JIRA.
- Documentation skills using Confluence.
- Understanding the use of Gantt charts.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home.
Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site chiropractor/registered massage therapist/physiotherapist, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.