As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Hothead is currently on the hunt for a Product Analyst to join our Marketing team.
We are looking for motivated, talented individual who is passionate about games. The primary objective of the position is to understand user behavior and provide insights to the game teams. You should also have a good understanding of all monetization models. You will work with large sets of data and provide keen insights that will help shape the course of the game. You will be expected to be up to date on industry trends and provide your feedback in elevating our game experiences to the next level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate actionable reports and recommendations on game features that will improve retention, monetization and acquisition of gamers.
- Work closely with data scientists to collect and develop internal data reports for internal stakeholders.
- Support Monetization Manager in documenting, tracking and reviewing monetization and promotional campaigns for our games.
- Assist game teams with ad-hoc reporting requests to dissect user behavior and understand monetization patterns and trends in our products.
- Manage in-games sale messages and notifications. Working with Artists, Data Analytic Team and Product Team to optimize campaign click-thru rates and conversion rates.
- Build and maintain relationships with all ad partners and networks. Research new opportunities for monetization and identifying new areas of growth across territories and the Hothead portfolio.
- Research the latest trends in mobile gaming, identify opportunities and improvements on existing products and communicate best practices to product teams.
- Optimize advertising performance by reviewing data and make adjustments to the advertisement setup
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 1+ year of working experience is preferred, mobile marketing experience is a huge bonus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data collected from various sources with an ability to present key findings to stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android games marketplaces, design trends and analytics best practices.
- Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented and have ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to meet specific timely deadlines.
- Needs to be passionate about games and even more passionate about making great games.
- SQL skills & knowledge of Tableau is desired.
- Previous game industry experience would be a bonus.
Our Vancouver office is located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Our cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.