Hothead Games, recognized as one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces. We are looking for a Senior Accountant for a six month term contract to support our Finance Team by providing accounting support and work on special accounting-related projects. This candidate will also assist in finance & accounting system maintenance to help streamline operations. We are looking for a strong team player who is flexible and able to adapt in a fast paced work environment.
You will contribute by:
- Implementing new accounting processes and improving the quality of the month end financial reporting
- Performing month-end financial reporting & reconciliation processes
- Performing the calculations and journal entries to implement the new leasing standard
- Perform other monthly duties or special projects or assignments as may be assigned
- Supporting ad-hoc financial analysis
- Data entry into the financial systems
- Strong understanding of transactional processes in Netsuite and how to improve financial processes within the system
- Must have CPA or equivalent designation
- Minimum 2 years experience post CPA including at least one year of industry experience
- Experience with complex accounting areas, including implementing the new leasing standard
- Bookkeeping and month-end close experience
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient with MS Office - Excel (V-lookups), Word
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and varied tasks
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
This full-time six month term position with possibility of extension. Our Vancouver office is located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Our cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.