As one of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Technology Workplaces, and Best Workplaces for Women, Hothead Games is seeking an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced 3D Artist (Generalist) to join our team. This position will need an above-average understanding of current and emerging 3D modeling trends to create visually striking game art.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the game team and other artists to create exceptional mobile game assets in a timely manner
- Produce art according to the project limitations, milestones, and risks
- Become familiar with graphic references and adapt styles according to project needs
- Research different art styles suitable to our game’s genre and provide exploratory conceptual illustrations
- Create worlds or characters in both 2D and 3D capacity
- Contribute ideas toward overall visual development, brings a diverse artistic range to the table
- Collaborate with team members to evolve or improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- 3+ years of industry experience with mobile development
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- Solid experience with Unity and 2D/3D art integration
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Art or related
- Experience with Quixel and/or Substance
- Experience in lighting treatments for environments
Please submit a portfolio of your work showcasing a wide breadth of styles.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.