Hothead Games is proud to announce a new project opportunity resulting in an expansion of our workforce. This is a multi-disciplinary project attracting new talent and skill set to our workforce, including a Lead Technical Artist! Come join us today!
What are we working on?
A VERY exciting multi-platform MMORPG with achievable, viable, and well-considered timelines. The project involves cutting-edge user-created content with a deep social component and ambitious economic design.
Why should you apply?
We are collaborating with big-name industry partners and are working closely with world-class game developers! This exciting project also opens the door for further expansion and endless opportunities. Come join us for an adventure!
Hothead Games is seeking an experienced and talented Lead Technical Artist who is passionate about making great games. As a Lead Technical Artist, you will combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. You’ll play a meaningful role in each phase of the project while meeting our client’s needs and effectively supporting your team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and mentor a small team of tech artists and work closely with programmers, artists and designers to deliver world-class games.
- Collaborate with clients and your team on creative and technical solutions.
- Understand and maintain project workflows and game engine integration pipelines.
- Support varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Write, maintain and customize internal tools for the production team.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other leads on the project to provide consistency.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience.
- Exemplary C#, C++ and mathematics skills.
- Experience with Unity.
- Solid understanding of 2d and 3d rendering optimization strategies.
- Strong understanding of 3d art workflows and pipelines.
- Solid debugging and problem-solving abilities.
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you are seeking an awesome new challenge with a fun and engaging team, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.